GOD’S LOVE FOR ME AND MINE
I was experiencing a lot of strife recently and began reading Hosea 11. When Israel was a child, I loved him and out of Egypt I called my son
2. But the more I called Israel (them, my children) the further they went from me. They sacrifice to the Baal’s and they burned incense to images (they sinned and had wrongful substances)
3. It was I who taught Ephraim to walk and taking him by his arms (as did I teach my own) but they did not realize it was I who healed ( I who loved them).
4. I lead them with cords of human kindness (as did I, with ties of love). I lifted the yoke from their necks and bent down to feed them, (and so did I). My heart is changed within me (verse 8), all my (our) compassion is aroused.
9. I will not carry out my fierce anger (my hurt and my pain), nor will I turn (away from them) and devastate Ephraim (or my own), for I am God (I am a Christian) not a man, the Holy one among you. I will not come in wrath (only sadness).
10. They will follow the Lord, as he will roar like a lion, (may my children hear his voice). (I will cry my tears, as the children will come trembling from the west), trembling like birds from Egypt, like doves from Assyria (to gather with contrite hearts and gentleness together). I will settle them (in their homes)
to rest in my (our) care and my (our) love, DECLARES THE LORD.